Saturday, April 7, 2012

Today was all about the Birds

Awful weather almost sent me home today.Even before I started birding.Heavy winds,cold,light rain and darkness made me pause as I eat my McDonald's breakfast.Walked eight kilometers and seen plenty of nice birds!In the first pond I looked over saw two Green-winged Teal.And in a subsequent pond saw four more!Also in this pond were a Lesser Scaup and Greater Scaup!Had good looks at both males side by side and there head profiles were quite noticeable!Seen nine Gray Partridges,they seemed to popping in pairs everywhere!Two male Bufflehead were chasing a female everywhere including underwater.Still about twenty Canvasback in one pond and some of the males were performing.More Song Sparrows were heard singing,and one Wilson's Snipe was displaying!Seen 33 species in 3 hours,my highest total at St.Boniface Industrial Park this year!

1 comment: